10.28.2009

DJ Jazzy Jeff x Michael Jackson- He's The King, I'm The DJ (Mixtape)



Jeff said he was inspired to do the mixtape after fellow DJ Mick Boogie suggested putting his playlist together as a proper release.

“I did it exactly as I would play it out live,” Jeff explained. “I kind of wanted to give a feel like you heard it in a club. I didn’t necessarily want to go in a certain order, ’cause everybody in the world plays certain Michael Jackson songs. And I wanted to play songs that not everyone plays, play some obscure album cuts. And if you listen to it, I have some a capella and versions of songs that not everyone had heard. So, I kind of wanted to mix it up and keep people off guard. Just give them an example of all that Michael was like.”




DJ Jazzy Jeff x Michael Jackson- He's The King, I'm The DJ (Mixtape)

No comments:

Post a Comment