12.08.2009

Art Basel/ The Black Out Kings/ T-Stacks

Art Basel Recap
By Anthony Feria aka T-Stacks


This week The Blackout Kings were out in full force for Art Basel Miami Beach, looking to party their faces off savor some art and relish in the overall excitement that this art fair bangs out. This year's Basel not only left us with bleeding ears and beating heads, but an overwhelming sense of Thanksgiving-style satisfaction. The invasion of art enthusiasts, culture and incredible artwork managed to exceed our expectations…. yet again. There were some incredible pieces from several artists, which I felt the need to share.

Yan Pei-Ming's "Un dollar avec auto" portrait was visually stimulating, with an in-your-face effect. Take a look for yourself.

I got a chance to check out some of the wall murals in the Wynwood Art District, which were created by outta-hand artists, that were granted permission to "redefine graffiti" (legally fuck shit up) on the side of warehouses.

Another spot I found myself at was the “Zoophilia” exhibition, where the collaboration of Charis Kirchheimer and DJ Tamara Sky managed to steal my heart once again. Check out this photo printed on metallic paper mounted on sintra and plexi glass. Bestiality has never looked so good. Rawwwr.

So the artwork was coo an all but my fondest memory from this Art Basel was when Justice brought down the house at Mansion on Friday. When I say brought down the house, I truly mean Justice bent us over unprotected and went to town. (no lube). Their set was incredible and left my ears humming with glee, like an antique telephone ringing from a 1950s sitcom.

Here is a video I managed to record on my phone, with a quality that isn't too shabby if I do say so myself.



All in all, Art Basel weekend was like that great sex, leaving me worn out yet elated.

No comments:

Post a Comment